Last weekend we went to the Franklin Cider Mill. We made a complete event out of it. I coordinated everyones outfits and planned for a photograph extravaganza. We took the most phenomenal photos. I was scrolling through them on the drive home and just imagining all the fun ways I would blog them. When I came home to load them on the computer the photos just disappeared. I was literally more upset than I have been in years, I’m usually a relatively calm person, but I was a raving maniac. Then I remembered a story that my wise step-sis Marni shared with me years ago. One Christmas, her and her Husband accidently recorded over the most beautiful family footage of their daughter running through a field of flowers at sunset, or something like that. Marni was so devastated that she hid underneath the family piano and cried, and Anita, her wise mother (my super-hot step-mom-in-law) consoled her daughter and told her it was ok and she should ‘mourn that loss.’ So, I hope you don’t mind me sharing that story Marn, but it helped me realize that it was ok to be so completely upset about losing a few photographs
So just picture us in an idealic fall setting with leaves of every color and us in our coordinating plaids and vests (sounds funny). Maybe next weekend we will try to reinact the photo shoot. But as for now, I’ve learned to let those photos go.
Monday, October 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



9 comments:
Hi Mary- fun to come across your comment! Your boys are adorable, it's great to see everyone's families. Do you like Michigan? We're in Idaho Falls, keep in touch!
Oh Mary...that sucks. I don't blame you. I think you should do it again though, I would love to see the photos! I am sad you guys moved too, you were a great help in going through all of that. You are so sweet. Are you liking it there? Keep in touch.
Shannon
PS I feel so bad I never got that baby gift sent to you for your son. It is still hanging in my closet and now is too small. I'm so sorry.
Hey Mary, This is Brandon Dean, I heard that you guys moved near Detroit, Thats Awesome, Jennie and I are going back to Michigan next year to go to a University of Michigan football game. Anyway some cool places that I really liked over there was Ann Arbor, if you haven't been there yet, you have to go, and eat at Zimmerman's Deli if you do go, its really good. We were always poor on the mission, but Mancino's is a good resturant over there as well. You should definately travel over to Hell, Michigan over by Brighton. Also anywhere around downtown Detroit or Belle Isle is cool too. I'll let you know other places to go as I think of them, have fun and good to hear from you guys.
Hey Mary, So sad about the pics. That would have been really cute. I "talked" the Travis on the comp a couple days ago. He said he has a couple of promising meetings coming up this week. It would be fun to have the rest of the sisters do this. Rich and Emily are the ones I don't know anything about. It doesn't matter how many times you comment on Rich's facebook wall, he won't comment back to you.
Love you lots.
I find that funny! I am picturing it! So sorry you lost all the photos, I would have been angry too.
That's too bad about your photos! I have photo recovery software, but I'm not sure how it's used. If you're wanting to give it a go you could try looking into something like that?
OH MARY! I Know the feeling! I don't mind you sharing that experience! It was during marshalls wedding and mayli was all dressed up....I got the most amazing footing of her running thru the grass and flowers at the San Diego Temple. I had envisioned playing that at her wedding..someday. ANYWAYS...it did get recorded over. I totally freaked out! Yes..I did hide under the piano....no one would look there for the sobbing mommy. Except my mom. Yes...mourn..then move on. I did, and have used that many times in the last years. Mourn your thing...then move on. Its very very empowering.
I am so sorry that you did loose all your pics. THat is really a huge bummer!!! Love you! Marni
Hey Mary! It's been a while. Just wanted to say hi and see how things are going for you in Michigan. You look so hot and your boys are so stinkin' adorable!!
Hey Mary!
thanks for emailing me your blog, I hope you are enjoying Michigan, everyone at bunco misses you! talk to you soon!
xoxo Mandi
Post a Comment